At Asheville Anesthesia Associates we are proud of the collaborative culture we have established on a foundation of integrity, compassion and teamwork. Anesthesia is delivered utilizing the Anesthesia Care Team approach in which an Anesthesiologist and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) collaborate to ensure safe and appropriate anesthesia care for each of our patients. Patient safety is the utmost priority.
- Asheville Anesthesia Associates Medical Doctors or Doctors of Osteopathy (MDs or DOs) specialize in providing anesthesia to patients during surgery. They are uniquely qualified to treat not only sudden medical problems related to the surgery itself, but also any chronic conditions needing special attention during the procedure.
- Anesthesiologists have not only completed undergraduate college and four years of medical school, but have also learned the specialty of anesthesia during an additional four years of training following their completion of medical school.
- This extensive medical education and in-depth training has prepared our specialized physicians to handle critical responsibilities in the operating room.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) are advanced practice registered nurses who are certified to administer anesthesia after completing anesthesia graduate school programs. The anesthesia graduate school programs include both classroom and clinical experience with the classroom curriculum emphasizing anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, biochemistry, chemistry, physics and pharmacology related to anesthesia. The major clinical component provides experience with a variety of anesthesia techniques and procedures for all types of surgery and obstetrics. Upon graduation, the nurse must pass a national certification exam to become a CRNA.
- At Asheville Anesthesia, under the supervision of the Anesthesiologists, the CRNAs take care of patients before, during and after surgical or obstetrical procedures. CRNAs stay with their patients for the entire procedure, constantly monitoring every important body function and individually modifying the anesthetic to ensure maximum safety and comfort.
Asheville Anesthesia Physicians Hankes, Hart and Stanley Named to The Best Doctors in America List
Asheville Anesthesia Celebrates National Nurse Anesthetist Week, January 20 - 26, 2013
“Things went really well, I had no nausea at all.”
- AAA patient